Carved Kauri Wahaika on Base
Out of stock
This beautiful Wahaika is carved from Kauri Wood and makes an impressive Presentation Piece, Trophy, Souvenir of New Zealand and is also a great alternative to the traditional 21st Key.
It has inlaid Paua Shell Eyes.
The Wahaika measures 40cm Wide and the base measures 40cm Wide by 9cm Long by 3cm High (not including holders).
The whole Carving measures approx 19.5cm High
This type of weapon is ceremonial and practical. Waha-ika means the mouth of the fish. If you look at the shape of the weapon it looks like the shape of a whales’ lower jaw bone. Many Waha-ika have a small figure carved on the side. This figure would be a guardian to the owner and would often be a venerated ancestor.
Delivery & Click-and-Collect
Click-and-Collect is available in our Napier Store during Store Opening Hours Monday to Saturday at 108 Hastings Street Napier next to ASB Bank opposite Pascoes Jewellers. You will be notified via E-Mail when your Order is ready for Collection. If you are sending someone in to Collect on your behalf, please put their Name in the Order Notes so we can Verify when they come in. Orders placed via Click-and-Collect must be picked up within 3 Working Days unless we are notified prior.
NEW ZEALAND ORDERS
- All our Parcels are sent via New Zealand Post and Aramex Couriers.
- Delivery Time-Frames below are only Estimates, and there can be delays due to the weather – You will be provided with a Tracking Number on dispatch which you can use to see where your parcel is.
Delivery Time-Frames: NEW ZEALAND POST: Up to 3 Business Days + Extra 1-3 Days If Rural ARAMEX COURIERS: 1-2 Business Days North Island (Non-Rural) + Extra 1-3 Business Days If Rural ARAMEX COURIERS: 2-3 Business Days South Island (Non-Rural) + Extra 1-3 Business Days If Rural
- Orders are Dispatched Only and Deliveries are made Only.
- Same Day Dispatch available on most items if order placed before 1pm.
- Aramex couriers do not deliver to Post Office (P.O.) Box Numbers or Private Bags, only to physical addresses.
- If you have a www.nzpost.co.nz/tools/address-postcode-finder or www.aramex.co.nz/courier-locator/ Address, you select Y when you select your preferred shipping method during checkout, unless you qualify for Free Shipping, failure to do so, will create a delay in receiving your order until the fee is paid. You can check if NZ post or Aramex considers your address to be RURAL or “Outside Normal Delivery Area” by going to
- Please contact us via e-mail if you are wanting your order sent outside of New Zealand. As we will need to calculate Freight costs before payment is made and the order dispatched.
- Some items are unable to be sent out of New Zealand due to their very fragile nature, e.g. Yard Glasses and 21st Mirror Keys.
- Please Note: Items sent to some Countries (e.g. Canada, Europe, and the UK) may incur VAT and/or Customs Duties. These charges are beyond our control and are the responsibility of the Customer/Receiver.
Payment Options & Shipping Costs
We currently Accept Payment via:
- Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, Apple Pay, Google Pay and American Express) via Stripe.
- AfterPay (Learn More)
- Laybuy (Learn More)
- Zip (Learn More)
- Direct Bank Deposit (Internet Banking) MUST be paid within 3 Business Days
NEW ZEALAND POST
- $5.80 Non-Rural / $11.30 RURAL: Flat Rate for some Small Items (Horse Shoes, Zippo Flints, Hand Creams, etc)
- $7.00 Non-Rural / $12.50 RURAL: Flat Rate for some Small Items (Zippo Gift Set, Garters, Coasters, etc)
- $9.00 Non-Rural / $14.50 RURAL: Flat Rate for some Small Items (Photo Frames, T-Shirts, etc)
- $10.00 Non-Rural / $15.50 RURAL: Flat Rate for some Small Items (Novelty Plates, Sweatshirts, etc)
- $12.50 Non-Rural / $20.50 RURAL: Flat Rate for the Whole Order (Glassware, Fragile Items and Most Larger Items, e.g. 21st Keys, Carvings, etc)
- $18.00 Non-Rural / $26.00 RURAL: Flat Rate for the Whole Order (If there is a Large Item such as a Yard Glass, Large Wall Art, etc)
- New Zealand Orders $200 and Over - FREE DELIVERY!
- Chatham Islands - Please Contact us for a Freight Cost
- International Orders - SEE "DELIVERY AND CLICK-AND-COLLECT" TAB
BACK-ORDERSWe try to ensure that all products that show as In Stock on our Website are available to order, however, if an item does become out-of-stock while your order is placed, we will contact you with supply date or a refund if it cannot be supplied in the time-frame needed.
- If you would like to cancel an order you have placed, you must notify us immediately. As we try to ensure efficient processing of all orders, the packaging and dispatching of Orders can happen quickly.
- Once the order has been packaged in the Satchel or a Shipping Label Printed, we are unable to accept any order cancellations.
- If Engraving has been completed ( ) before notification of Cancellation, any Engraving Costs, are non-refundable.
- If Engraving has been completed ( ) before notification of Cancellation, the order is non-refundable and unable to be cancelled.
- The Refund processed for a Cancelled Order will be the Total Cost Paid, with deductions for any Fees incurred from Payment Processing, e.g. Credit Card, Afterpay or Laybuy Fees.
- Our store policy is not to provide a Refund if you change your mind.
- If the product is faulty, please notify us within 7 days of delivery so we can provide a replacement if we are in the position to or a refund if we cannot provide a replacement.
- If a Refund is to be provided (because a replacement can't be done), the refund is made back to the original purchase method - if purchased via Credit Card, this can take between 5-10 Business Days due to payment processing via a third party provider.
CLAIMSIf your Order has arrived Damaged or not Delivered at all, we must be notified within the Time-frames listed below, if not, we are unable to proceed with a Claim Application. New Zealand Post Claims
- Claim lodged within 10 Days from Date of Delivery for Damaged or Missing Contents
- Claim lodged within 21 Days from Date of Dispatch for Non-Delivery
- Claim lodged within 7 Days from Date of Delivery for Damaged
- Claim lodged within 30 Days from Date of Dispatch for Non-Delivery